Social Welfare Payments.

Mr Blond

Hi first time poster,Good site.

Is there a minimum payment a person is entitled to...?Here is my situation,the wife has been out on disability benefit since we had our first child 3 years ago.We had another baby early last year and she applied for maternity benefit just incase she was entitled to it.We were not sure if she was but she still had a job so it was worth a try.

She got the maternity benefit and everything was grand on till she came off it,when she did she was on a reduced payment of only €63.She is on this scale now and I think its ab-it strange as she would get more if she gave up her job and just claimed unemployment assistants (or what ever they call it these days).

My question is can she do anything about this without given up her job...?

Mr Blond said:
Is there a minimum payment a person is entitled to...?Here is my situation,the wife has been out on disability benefit since we had our first child 3 years ago.We had another baby early last year and she applied for maternity benefit just incase she was entitled to it.We were not sure if she was but she still had a job so it was worth a try.
Do you mean is there a minimum disability payment? Or some other welfare payment?
She got the maternity benefit and everything was grand on till she came off it,when she did she was on a reduced payment of only €63.
Is this a reduced disability payment?
She is on this scale now and I think its ab-it strange as she would get more if she gave up her job and just claimed unemployment assistants (or what ever they call it these days).
Do you mean Unemployment Assistance (means tested) or Unemployment Benefit (PRSI related)?

Have you checked the welfare Disability and Unemployment links? Have you tried your local for advice on your welfare and other entitlements?

Back