So where are we with Bitcoin after 4 months of discussion?

As regards the 'resignation' remark, I'd have to have changed my position for this to be relevant...that's not the case. I view myself as a pragmatist.

As a small example of the assumptions you are making, I am NOT an 'early morning poster'
I was addressing B/S when I said he was resigned to not achieving his ultimate dream of bringing down the corrupt central bank elites. I note that you have got similarly mixed up before.

Yes, I realise it is not morning in Columbia or wherever you happen to be.
Someone has already corrected you on this - but I'll reinforce the point. You cannot distinguish between Bitcoin and the Bitcoin blockchain. They are one and the same thing - and yes, it is a technological advancement.
Can technology be copied ? Sure. You have been invited countless times to setup Marmalade coin - see how that fares as I can assure you that the argument that Bitcoin is not finite because we can have 1500 odd coins is nonsense. Any without merit (of which there are a shed load) will eventually disappear. Those that do have merit will carry out - but they may have a completely different application to bitcoin. Those that have merit and wish to supercede bitcoin may well do so...or again, if they don't, they will fall by the wayside. Bottom line - having loads of crypto's does not dilute the finite resource that is bitcoin.
You could use the same analogy with FIAT. If you started a new FIAT tomorrow, does it dilute the strength of the USD or Euro?
I wasn't making the lack of scarcity argument. B/S had indicated that he admired the technology that is bitcoin. I elsewhere drew a more graphic metaphor. A grain of sand does not get value because some marvelous technology magics it instantly from the Sahara to my living room. A digital entry on a Smartphone similarly does not get value because of the technology that delivered it.

I was addressing B/S when I said he was resigned to not achieving his ultimate dream of bringing down the corrupt central bank elites. I note that you have got similarly mixed up before.
I wasn't aware that was his position so my apologies. In my defence, there's been so much hyperbole, is it any wonder if I find the dialogue confusing.

wasn't making the lack of scarcity argument.
Fair enough. If you never have done so (?). However, many here continue to do so on an ongoing basis. It's an argument that doesn't hold any water.

Fair enough. If you never have done so (?). However, many here continue to do so on an ongoing basis. It's an argument that doesn't hold any water.
Well I have made that argument but not on this occasion. I do think the proliferation of cryptos and offspring forks detracts from bitcoin.

I wasn't aware that was his position so my apologies

Its not. On occasion, in on-line discussions, the tendency to exaggerate, inflate and/or side-step points raised is not an uncommon trait of those discussions. Sticking the facts cant be difficult for some, albeit most regular posters can be guilty of this at some point I assume. Some more so than others.

Back