Snagging issue

darrend

Hi

I am just about to start snagging a property.I received a letter from the builder stating I have two weeks to complete the snag.On the letter it said I can snag from Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 and an appointment would have to be made.Phoned the builder and they said no appointment can be made after 3,no snagging or access outside of these times (which they now tell me is 8 to 3 and 8 to 1 on a Friday) because they finish early on Fridays.I even asked if I could view the house on a Friday at 4 as I would like to view the inside but this is what I got as an answer.."no I dont have an appointment free at this time ,could I make 8 that morning,4 is too late ".They are playing hard ball so to speak.How long do I have by law if they are not being flexible ? and how long can I hold out on the snagging until I can snag (within the 9 to 5 mon to fri ).Pearse are the builders,has anybody had any dealings with these guys ?

Thanks

They are seriously messing you about, the builder wont be in the house when you do the snag list, so its not as though he really has to schedule for you.

All he has to do is know approx what time you will be there and have someone un-lock the door half an hour before you show up.

First I would talk to your solicitor about it as Im sure under the "2 weeks to submit the snaglist" rule there must be a fair access condition.

Also you don't want to snag your house before 9 or after 4 as there will be little day light, but don't forget to bring a torch with you.

Regards

Fintan
www.HomeSnag.ie

Back