Snagger required for house in Frenchpark Roscommon - recommendations?

dubinamerica

Need to find someone to complete a snag list for a property in Frenchpark , Roscommon ? What would I be looking for - surveyor, architect ?? Any recommendations and any idea of cost involved? Building society require valuation so we are setting that up separately - could we possibly have same person do both or are these totally different areas?

HI

Why not do the snag list your self, you know yourself what the house should should be like and you will be more fickle than a 3rd party. Important things to check is heating and electrcity. Arrange a time with the builder, take with you warm clothes, a torch (in case the electrcity is not on), a step ladder to get into attic, a friend (you will find that both of you will have different thins on your snag list) and patience. Take your time and don't be bullied by anyone on the site. remember this is your house once you move into it can be a nightmare to get things fixed after you have signed for the house.

Theres a recent book by some irish guy experienced in this area. I think I saw it recently in easons bookshop. It itemizes all things by sections and you could simplew go through the book on site yourself. Its a 'snagging for dummies' type publication.

or just get a professional snagger who is aware of best practice and current building regulations to do it for you for just a few hundred euro.

my sister used www.homesnag.ie - i have no affiliation.

The people who bought our house used this guy based in Boyle.

He was as thorough as anyone I've ever met ... it took him almost 2.5 hours to complete the survey ... and he missed nothing! He looked at every square inch inside and out. I couldn't tell you how expensive he was, but when we buy our new house we will use him for our snag list.

PS: No affiliation whatsoever with him ... just on the receiving end of his service.

I got Michael Hennessy based in Carrick on Shannon to do mine - did a great job

thanks for the recommendations ! Henny Penny - unfortunately I cannot see the details using this link -would you repost or post up the persons name please ? thanks so much . Does anyone have an idea of going rate - would between 200 to 300 sound reasonable? Thanks !

Back