Snag List due

Sarah

Just got a call from the builder there and he wants the snag list done this week but was able to put him off until next monday. Apperantly when we do the snag, the builder then fixes the stuff on it and then sends in a surveyer of his own to check over the snags and then we go down to make sure its all done! Is this normal practice and how long from when you get hand over your snag list does a builder usually take to complete everything, i know it depends on whats wrong with the house but its a new house so are there usually alot of snags to be done?

Thanks a mill in advance, have a slight idea what to look out for and my partner used to be a builder so i think we should be able to do a snag because we dont have the funds for a snagger!

I am at the exact same stage as you at the min. Did the snag last Saturday. I can't really comment on the first section but just be really careful. A friend and myself were going to do it but decided to bring along my brother who is a carpenter.

The snag list was massive and most of the stuff was things we would have missed. Bring a torch, measuring tape, spirit level and a bulb. Not sure what other new homes are like but I was really really shocked at some of the workmanship in the house. I took pictures of everything, may not be a bad idea as it will be easier to remember when you go back.

Check the exterior aswell. I have a drain pipe that leads to no where!!

Hi, as far as Im aware thats normal. We're going back to do our final snag inspection this week...a week after we did the first and we'll be clsoing this week too. It all seems to happen very fast really.

We had a surveyor friend do ours but we actually could have done it ourselves because there are only very minor things to be fixed up, thankfully! However, can I suggest that if you are doing it yourself that maybe you buy the snagging guide that was mentioned on this site before from www.snagging.org (I think?!) I downloaded it and it cost about €22.00. Didnt need it in the end but it seemed very good. HTH.

Back