Snag done - What next ?

Sarah

Stupid question i know but i am due to do the snag list on Friday and we have to hand the snag to the builder that day, so im just wondering what happens after this and usually how long after do you get the keys to move in.When we hand over the snag to the foreman whats the next step?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: What happens now??

Hi Sarah, you'll be asked to come back to do a final snag inspection, probably a week or so later just to check that everything has been carried out to your satisfaction. if you are entirely satisfied you should be able to close a few days later.

Im my case, I did my first snag on the Tuesday, the final snag the following Thursday week and closed and got the keys on the Friday! It all happened very quick in our case, builders were a pleasure to deal with and we were blessed with an excellent broker and solicitor, as a result everything ran very smoothly and quickly. Every case is different though. Good luck!

Thanks a mill for that...i only hope mine goes as smoothly as yours does, at this stage i just want to be in and try sort out floors ect! Doing the snag on Friday so hopefully we should get the call for the final inspection the end of next week as the builders seem pretty keen to close! The house has already gone up by 10 grand since we bought it 2 months ago so not too sure how picky i can be! Thanks again!

I know how you feel! I was exactly the same this time last week! Only got the keys Friday gone and having the floors done at the moment, think it'll never be done! am sick of white dust everywhere!! Well you're almost there! and it'll all happen before you know it...believe me!!! See ya!

Back