Smart Telecom - switching back to Eircom

So - are you moving to them yourself? I'm considering it myself.

I've started looking at them now also again as I may be moving to an area where they are providing BB.

Have you taken it further Clubman....... I am giving it serious consideration but interested in finding out peoples experiences with Smart - post their recent episode.

Since I am moving to a diff exchange, do they provide a new telephone number etc do anyone know?

ninsaga

So... I rang Smart this morning..... it took 3 attempts over the course of an hour to get through to them (after the line dropped twice after approx 20min wait period each time)..... I was advised that it takes about 4wks to get connected with them. .....I would be concerned that if it took that long to get through to them that I would have similar issues if I have billing or technical queries.
Make no mistake .. I want to give them a go ...a 3MB connection & line rental for 35 yoyo's per month.... I will ring again next week & see if I have the same level of waiting time... that could be a disqualifier as far as I'm concerned...which is a pity...makes one wonder if they want Customers at all......
Even is they took the Sky Digital approach.... new customer calls answered in less that 5 mins... technial & billing queries... 30-40mins

Last edited:
Back