Smart Seal Block Magic V Drench Paints Magic Coat

Sarah Ryan

Registered User
Messages
769
Has anybody used Drench Paints Magic coat on their cobblelock driveway?
I have used Smart Seal, good product but more expensive compared to this product, just wondering if anybody has used it yet and any feedback on it.
They sadly don't do testers.


 
Driveway done with the smart seal, very happy with the results, savage smell make sure you have a really good mask, its solvent based.

3 coats for the driveway which was 25 litres, less than 5 litres needed for the black border.

I have some drench paint on order for another project so will compare between them both, Drench is cheaper.
 

Attachments

  • 20260718_195131.webp
    20260718_195131.webp
    221.6 KB · Views: 97
  • file_000000001c3481f4b621149fe3c7fc0e.webp
    file_000000001c3481f4b621149fe3c7fc0e.webp
    157.5 KB · Views: 103
If you pick up some Sodium hypochlorite in your local agri shop I find it's the best for lifting up all the junk. We would have been very good at cleaning this twice a year so there wasn't too much prep to be done.

I just got the Drench paint delivered this morning, dying to see the colour match between the two, I want to paint the side entrance which will extend to the start of the driveway so hoping they are not too different, I just couldn't afford another batch of the Smart Seal. This dark grey almost changes with the light sometimes.

I won't be able to get started on it until the end of the week too busy! I started the process of putting a sealer / glue on the gravel either side to lock it in place this morning.

I did actually try and get a quote from one of the Smart Seal / Cleaning Doctor for the painting job, chased him once and got ghosted, must send him a pic of my work.
 
I started the process of putting a sealer / glue on the gravel either side to lock it in place this morning.
I had done this in the past - but for a small patch on the entry way to an outhouse - not much traffic - only foot fall, and it worked well.

That sealant glue doesn't come cheap though :-( ( nothing does these days, I know ! ) . If you can let me know how that goes for you please . I've similar cobble lock to you and where mine meets the grass, it just cement, so in weather like this I now has a brown border of dying / dead grass. I'm planning on pulling that dead grass off, creating a border of gravel stones (around 6 to 10 inches wide ) and using sealant to keep the gravel stones in place. Again, shouldn't be walked on too much, but it should set off the area well.
 

This is the one I got, they have it in Choice stores too and Woodies as well (Woodies is a bit more expensive) So the 5l got one side done fully with a generous coat and the second side half done. I reckon I will need another 10 litres to get the job done properly.

I have went out and put a foot on it, some solid, some not solid. I missed a trick of preparing the stone how I wanted it and then spraying, should have sprayed on and rearranged with the rake. It feels promising! Our cars both go over the gravel so just want to try and lock it in place for that reason.

It's a poor job and before out time, another year or so we get it dug out and done properly, there is a tree stump under my side!
 
Ok 3 coats down, I have no idea how well it's gonna stick until I start parking the car on it tomorrow.

Looks pretty though!
It does give a lovely glaze to the stones, I have put some on the stone path outside my back garden and it has given them a bit of a lift.

New driveway for less than €500!

20260722_205204.webp
 
If you can let me know how that goes for you please
Ok so I think for the larger stones I have in my front garden, and with cars parking over it, not tough enough for the job, when a car pulls out you are sweeping a small enough pile of stones out and picking them from the path as well - I guess you never know if something will work until you try it! Defo would need some form of stronger resin.

But for garden stones with only foot traffic, not too bad, it's holding the stones in place enough for me to use my leaf hoover without sucking up any of them and for that task I score it 10/10.

Yes fallen leaves in July - utterly depressing!!! Even some of the trees outside starting to turn red already :confused:
 
Drench Paints magic coat, lovely paint to work with absolutely zero odor, great coverage washes off the brushes with warm water.

Highly recommend this paint, I'd probably recommend this over the other one just for the ease of use as in the zero smell and easy to clean up.
 

Attachments

  • Layout_20260802_131101.webp
    Layout_20260802_131101.webp
    343.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Layout_20260802_194500.webp
    Layout_20260802_194500.webp
    417 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top