Smart lock

Marion

Does anybody have one? Can they be easily retrofitted? I’m thinking that I’d like to use my phone (Iphone) as well as having a touchpad option. I don’t need to do this remotely but if it didn’t significantly affect the cost it could be considered. Palladio composite door is not yet purchased. The company has a model on its website but it doesn’t seem to have the phone option which I think I would like. Any help greatly appreciated. I have fiber broadband with eir and an Apple TV box (old model)

Marion

I looked into these a lot. Everything on the market is very american oriented and suit the types of doors they have over there. I have a front/back door with 3 levers and therefore a metal strip down the side of the door that prevents the smart locks on the market from being retro fitted. The Yale YD-01 is a latch lock that could suit.

Thank you

I think I will forget about it at the moment. 2 different suppliers of these doors knew nothing about the locks. I rang the company and the “expert” I was put on to told me they didn’t do smart locks and that they are really only for apartment doors. Me: “It’s on your website!”

I’m a bit ahead of myself! These locks, as you say, work perfectly in North America and Canada.

Marion

I’m a bit ahead of myself! These locks, as you say, work perfectly in North America and Canada.

The mechanisms used there are different, insurance requirements for locks on external doors here all but rule them out.

Thanks Leo that definitively solves the issue for me - there’s no point in having an alarmed door if it’s not covered by insurance.

Marion

Back