Small (under 6' long) single bed needed.

lyonsie

Frequent Poster
I am looking to purchase a small single bed, one under six feet in length. I have googled but only find beds under three feet wide. Ideally 3' x 6' . Anyone have any idea where I can find a place that will stock or manufacture one this size?

lyonsie

Frequent Poster
Thanks for your very quick reply but this bed is for an adult who is looking to have a bed in a very small room downstairs to facilitate not having to go upstairs. So comfort is important also.

RedOnion

Frequent Poster
Ring around a few independent furniture shops, as they should be able to source one. Years ago I knew a guy that used to source furniture for show houses that was 1/12th smaller than standard, so there must be a supplier. I've managed to get non standard mattresses for old metal frames beds.

There appears to be lots of places in UK, e.g. https://shortybeds.co.uk/

lyonsie

Frequent Poster
I have come across a few in UK but I think delivery would be a problem/expensive.

Gordon Gekko

Frequent Poster
We got a bed in Ikea for a child which extended out to 6 x 3 so you could shrink it to size. White and metal...a great piece of furniture.

lyonsie

Frequent Poster
In case anyone is in this situation, I rang a local furniture shop and they sorted me out. You can get beds in various sizes going down from 6’3” by 3”... (6’3” / 6’ / 5’9” / 5’6”......

Purple

Frequent Poster
In case anyone is in this situation, I rang a local furniture shop and they sorted me out. You can get beds in various sizes going down from 6’3” by 3”... (6’3” / 6’ / 5’9” / 5’6”......
What about mattresses?