Small claims court decision enforcement

Parazard2

Hi, I won a case in the small claims court but nothing has happened and I have not been compensated yet (judgement was made about 6 months ago). I have tried contacting the court but cannot get through. What can I do?

The courts have already done their job. Why are you contacting them again?

Claim successful.

Next port of call is the Sheriff, which you really should have engaged 6 months ago.

If the other party is a limited company and the amount involved is above a certain limit €750 from memory, you can apply to the court to have the company wound up.

That will get you paid rapidly if they have any clue.

The courts have already done their job. Why are you contacting them again?

Claim successful.

Next port of call is the Sheriff, which you really should have engaged 6 months ago.
Not very helpful to use shoulds like that. You have no idea what I have had in my life in the past 6 months (believe me it's been full on), also we were in lockdown. I only logged in recently after a few months of not checking and saw it had been awarded a few months prior. I hadn't been notified.

I'd sent a registered letter with copy of the judgement and payment details, giving them ten days to make full payment.

That deals with any risk that they aren't aware of the judgement etc.

I'd then be seeking an enforcement order, and ensuring that he judgement has been registered.

You may find this helpful:

Last edited:
The Citizens advice bureau outlines the process here

You will need to enforce the debt

The Citizens advice bureau outlines the process here

You will need to enforce the debt
Thank you so much, I couldn't find that info via Google for some reason

Back