Small Claims Court - Business To Business

nconroy

I understand that the Small Claims Court will assist B to B claims, but not sure from their website that they will help with outstanding invoice payments.

In my case, I provide IT services, in Munster, one of my customers, a medical surgery, which, for the last ten years always paid their bill on the dot, were taken over by a Dublin based Medical Services company. Since the take over, my invoices, still addressed to the local address, are forwarded to the new owners for processing.

It takes months for payment, the last payment (for several invoices) was only paid when the IT director used his own credit card. The current batch of invoices, going back to March of this year are still not paid, despite regular demand on my part to the local surgery. The amount is within the €2,000 Small Claims Court limits.
Several other local suppliers are having the same problem with this customer.

Is this a situation I would be able to process with the help of the Small Claims Court?

Why don't you stop supplying them?

Then sue them in the normal way.

The courts work slowly, but they work surely in cases like this.

Brendan

As far as I am aware the small claims court is not for debt owed business to business it is only where there is a terms of contract dispute or breaches of a lease agreement.
You should try a solicitors firm that only charge commission as 0 collected is 0 cost to you worth a punt.

Back