Small business solicitor

johnfrancis

Hi all, I am looking for recommendations for a solicitor to assist in setting up a small Private LTD company and any associated tasks thereafter. I’m based in Monaghan but it’s not essential they are based here. Lots of names on google but I was hoping for personal recommendations. Thank you in advance.

Why would you need a solicitor to help you form a limited company?
Hi T, thanks for your reply. I don’t need a solicitor to help me form a limited company. I would like some legal advice around the formation and structure of the company and I was asking for recommendations for someone who has has a good person on the books to help me out.

I wasn’t querying your recommendation per se, more the initial query. I would have thought someone like your good self would be more helpful than a solicitor.
If it were I, I'd go to an accountant first, make the key decisions on the limited company, taking tax and practical considerations into account and then go to a solicitor to tie up any remaining loose ends including the perfection of any legal complications.

Certainly not if it's legal or other technical advice he needs.
They will advise you on company structure which is what the OP was asking about. They won't give specific legal advice but if all the OP is understanding the risks/advantages etc for a start up, they most definately will.

Regardless, if you are are setting up a business, it's good to start engaging with them

They will advise you on company structure which is what the OP was asking about. They won't give specific legal advice but if all the OP is understanding the risks/advantages etc for a start up, they most definately will.
I don't disagree but that advice is normally the realm of an accountant.

I once saw a case where a small business owner got assistance from an old version of their local LEO (county development board?) in forming their company and ended up with an issued share capital of €100,000 which meant that they then technically owed the company €100,000 before they even started....

Last edited:
Hi Daddyman thanks for your reply,

I have been in touch with my Leo and they were fantastic, I will be using some of their resources but they have recommended a solicitor with some commercial experience in my case. I have some queries regarding a holding company and an existing partnership.

Regardless, if you are are setting up a business, it's good to start engaging w

Hi Gordon,

I also need an accountant but first I need some legal advise regarding a holding company and another existing business so it is a solicitor I’m after first thanks.
I don’t see what advice a solicitor would give around a holding company.

That’s tax/accountancy advice.

Back