Slim scart connection

Orad

Hi,
Having installed my LCD on my wall, I now find that there is not enough space for a standard scart lead (co-ax fits ok).
Unfortunately there are no side scart connections on the TV.

Having searched the net, I can find no "slim scart" (less than 40mm deep).
Has anyone ever seen anything like this ?

I know that you can get a device to convert to from scart to RF but I suspect this would result in poorer signal quality (anyone any experience of this?)

Thanks

Is this a new telly? Does it have a HDMI connector to a Sky+ (or similar box) on the side?

Yep - brand new. It has HDMI connectors on the side - but my DVD recorder does not have HMDI outputs.

The TV also has component inputs - but my DVD recorder doesn't have these either ! only S-video, composite and scart output.

Maplin sell a flat scart cable if that helps?? I'll try find a link.

I think these have flat cables - but their connector heads (the part that goes into the TV) seem to be the standard size - I will have another look at them though.....

Saw some of these on Ebay - but again, the fixed part that connects into the back of the TV is still approx 55mm - no slimmer than a standard scart. Thanks for the info though.

Looks like I will may have to use a composite cable (anyone know what the quality of these are like) - or chisel out a hole in the wall to accommodate the scart - more mess!

Might be cheaper to change the DVD recorder.
I was hoping to avoid this, but true - a leap to HDMI would solve everything. I guess I could probably pick one up for less than €200.

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Back