SKY Tv or NTL

Having just applied for sky+ I was interested in your offer link - and yes, they seem to be offering a reduction in the up-front cost. However, it mentions the €15 additional monthly subscription needed to use the personal recorder option on sky+. My understanding is that this additional subscription is now gone (certainly no mention of it when I filled out the application online, and I haven't selected any premium channels).

i had sky installed and the guy installing the box wanted 50euro to go through my attic....i thought standard installation was free??? some of the houses in my estate have the dish coming directly from the front room rather than the attic (which looks bad)...was wondering if anybody else was scammed of 50euro...

My understanding is that this additional subscription is now gone (certainly no mention of it when I filled out the application online, and I haven't selected any premium channels).

You pay the €15/month subscription for Sky+ if you don't have a minimum subscription of 2 out of 4 of the premium channels, i.e. you must have the full Sky Sports or Sky Movies package or 1/2 of each to be applicable.

Have you asked for the definition of 'standard installation'?

Standard installation is running a wire direct from the dish down a wall either interior/exterior to the tv (according the installer when I upgraded to Sky+, two years ago); anything other than this incurs an extra fee. In my case, they had to feed the cable through my attic to reach the tv and was charged €50 also. Funny though, when I had it installed originally back in 2001, there was no extra charge.

You pay the €15/month subscription for Sky+ if you don't have a minimum subscription of 2 out of 4 of the premium channels, i.e. you must have the full Sky Sports or Sky Movies package or 1/2 of each to be applicable.

Not according to their latest leaflet
"sky+ subscription is free for all new Sky digital subscribers".
The extra €15 is mentioned on their website - although wasn't added to my monthly total when I ordered online.

Given that they're going to charge for standard installation of the ordinary boxes, I wonder if Sky are trying to move people towards Sky+ so are making it cheaper?

Back