Sky or digital NTL ?

Hi all,
Got Sky + HD installed yesterday, into a recently bought Sony Bravia 40" KDL-40W4000 TV. While our expectations for picture quality were very high, the reality far exceeded the anticipation !

The HD picture quality is unbelievable. Last night I recorded a Luxe HD programme called AquaVision (or similar) on underwater corals & fish life in the Indian Ocean. The picture, depth of field and perspective are stunning.

I would recommend HD to everyone !

Many thanks for your advice on this.

Hi All,

We've had NTL for years.

Recently we added Sky Sports and Sky Movies as well as the digital box to the package, principally to watch cricket and football.

To my extreme annoyance, I have only just discovered that there is something called a Red Button on a Sky remote control which is not on the NTL remote control. This button effectively doubles the number of channels.

Thus, if I want to continue watching South Africa v. Australia on Sky 1 when the West Indies v. England take to the field on the same channel, I could press the Red Button on and stay in Durban! With NTL I'm stuck with W.I. v. England!

Similarly, if you're a Man. U. fan then great, you'll always have them as first choice on Sky. But, if you want to watch the other match.......yup, you'll need that Red Button! ;-(

This is a deal breaker and I will probably switch to Sky soon. The only thing I don't like is having a dish on my house.

Thanks for all the input here. Very informative.

D.

Back