Sky News Ireland - the verdict

T

tannhauser

Managed to catch parts of the much-vaunted bulletins this week.

Relatively slick in presentation, reasonable split between Irish and international stories, familiar - if slightly tabloid - Sky 'feel' to the overall tone.

Not impressed with the personalities involved though; primarily disappointed to see the batch that I never took to from TV3 merely transplanted en masse to Sky.

Shiny hair, shiny suits, and more focus on style rather than substance.

A missed opportunity overall, methinks.

Having said all that, was surprised to learn of their massive drop in viewers already. And was it even on at 10pm last night?

T

"Shiny hair, shiny suits, and more focus on style rather than substance."

Isn't that what Sky News is all about??

I think some of the programs on Sky news do have substance but TV3 was tabloid all over. The repetition on Sky is mind boggling, dont they get tired delivering the same information!

Nail on the head, Stobear, nail on the head.

I find the repetition just as annoying as you do.....but isn't that the whole point of a 24-hour rolling channel?

Maybe we should just resolve that when we've seen the exact same sequence for, say, the third time it may just be time to get out of the armchair - if only to prevent deep vein thrombosis setting in.

Whats with that Sky Weather Girl?

Whats with that Sky Weather Girl?

Is her delivery style bizzarre or what?

Re: Whats with that Sky Weather Girl?

The one with the brown curly hair?
I think she's very cute...very cute altogether.

> Is her delivery style bizzarre or what?

She sounds like she's having multiple orgasms while reading the weather!

Maybe I'm thinking of another channel actually...I can't remember for sure right now. Was looking for a picture of her but can't seem to find.

That's her yeah...very sexy eyes.

Never noticed the multiple orgasms but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Re: Lisa Burke mmmmm!

She's taken to wearing low cut tops of recent days...I swear I watch the weather but I couldn't tell you whether it was going to be sunny today or snowing!!! ;)

Then of course there's the TNaG girls :D

Re: Lisa Burke mmmmm!

You're dead right about the TG4 weather cailíns! :b

Weather cailins

......if she doesn't say ".........agus anois an aimsir!" , it's not the real thing, irelevant of looks!

Re: Weather cailins

TG4 is way ahead all right except that they really shout out the weather to you. You have to turn the telly down a bit.

Back