sky+ is fab !

fredg

anyone considering getting sky+??
if so i would highly recommend it.this is possibly old news to many
but i upgraded from regular sky 6/8 weeks ago and sky+ is
fantastic.(and no i dont have anything whatsoever to do with sky,
honestly.)i just said i'd say it as ntl are so poor here.
fredg.

Hi fredg,
Just remember to keep your Sky + box connected to your phone line at all times, i say this as we've had unsurmountable problems with Sky insisting we were disconnecting the box from the phone line (it was hard wired in to the phone socket by the engineere sent out by Sky on installation) which we were not!
To cut a long story short it's now been sorted, i do agree with you though Sky+ is great!

I've got sky+ and for broadband reasons, have had to disconnect my box from my phone line. so far, we have had no probs. what kind of probs did you encounter Gypsy girl?

Hi fredg,
Just remember to keep your Sky + box connected to your phone line at all times, i say this as we've had unsurmountable problems with Sky insisting we were disconnecting the box from the phone line (it was hard wired in to the phone socket by the engineere sent out by Sky on installation) which we were not!
To cut a long story short it's now been sorted, i do agree with you though Sky+ is great!
That's strange. Our installer hooked up SKY+ to the phone line but I disconnected it as soon as he went out the door. We've never had a problem.

Don't need to have Sky+ connected to phone line unless its part of a multi room package

Don't need to have Sky+ connected to phone line unless its part of a multi room package

Not what I was told when I was getting HD installed-they had to do a callback or else the installation couldn't proceed.

I asked about going ahead without having it connected (and paying extra) and the installer said not for Sky +/Sky HD.

If you record on Sky + can you edit out the bits you don't want before saving to a DVD? The DVD recorder doesn't have a hard drive.

I recorded sky sports yesterday ( 2 matches), I only want to keep one, is it possible to edit out the 1st match or start the recording on the DVD after the 1st match?

If you record on Sky + can you edit out the bits you don't want before saving to a DVD? The DVD recorder doesn't have a hard drive.

I recorded sky sports yesterday ( 2 matches), I only want to keep one, is it possible to edit out the 1st match or start the recording on the DVD after the 1st match?
Yes. Just fast-forward on Sky+ until you get to the match you want to record. Press play on Sky+ and at the same time press record on the DVD recorder. The DVD recorder will simply copy what's playing on the TV.

Yes. Just fast-forward on Sky+ until you get to the match you want to record. Press play on Sky+ and at the same time press record on the DVD recorder. The DVD recorder will simply copy what's playing on the TV.

Thanks.

Not what I was told when I was getting HD installed-they had to do a callback or else the installation couldn't proceed.

I asked about going ahead without having it connected (and paying extra) and the installer said not for Sky +/Sky HD.

Indeed. You are supposed to keep it connected for 12 months as part of your contract. Countless people disconnect the phone line 5 mins after installer leaves and even though they are breakign contyract Sky do nothing. However, if you have a multiroom subscription and you disconnect a phone line you'll get a few warnign letters very quickly.

I think there is a USB port on the SKy+ box but it does nothing! (I recall a thread on this on AAM in the past).

Hum,

out of interest, did you ever try sticking a USB key into it and tring to save a TV programme etc onto it ? (maybe a menu appears when something is connected via the USB port ?)

Cheers

G>

Not being smart here - why have a USB ports not connected?
Future-proofing.... read somewhere that Sky are planning a portable device in the future that would interface with the Sky box e.g. a portable digital video player.

Hi fredg,

Haven't had the phone line in since the day it was connected.

And yes, Sky+ is fab!

everyone here is going on about why its so great....can you explain why?

i have normal sky and use a video to record a program if I need to. What benefits does the Sky+ give you over this?

You can store 160GB of stuff on the hard drive.

You can pause live TV

You can now set the box to record fom your mobile

There is a 'series link' feature that captures future episodes of a series at one touch

When you set a program to record, it generally always gets it right, even if there are delays

It is very user friendly

You no longer need a video-one box serves as your TV source and recording device

Sky + is around €100 more than a standard box

Back