Sky + - can't play a recorded programme

It happened again last night, first corrie taped (showed 2% used and 29mins) but would'nt play, second corrie played no prob. I powered off as suggested but no difference. I did'nt delete it this time incase sky repairs need to call

I've the very same problem with mine and my box is only 3 months old. Mine also is powering itself off about twice a day for the last 2 weeks or in the middle of watching a recording and then refuses to play the rest. I'm waiting on a call back to see if there's a problem with sky in general or if it's my box, hope its not going to cost me a callout charge this early on.

Hi All

This just happened to me for the first time last night, was recording Britains got Talent (there was nothing else on), but now it won't play it, kept trying last night to watch it, but nothing, tried all the suggestions that were discussed on this thread. Will log a call with them.

Regards

Hizzy

I rang sky a few mins ago, as a poster said a while back it is that a section of the hard drive is corrupt. He told me to do the following:

Press services on remote,
Select No 4 System Set up
Ignore what the screen says
key in 0 1 and press select
highlight No 7 Sky + Planner rebuild
press select 3 Times
Leave sky off for 3 mins and then press the sky button

It will delete the program that won't play but everything else will be saved and it should be sorted then.

I will try it when I get home tonight.

Tried the formula that sky gave me... did'nt work. It happened again on wed night (again corrie) so rang sky, call was answered immediately (many the time I was on hold for over 20 mins), they said that I needed an engineer to call out.. i said that they could take the sky out as I was'nt paying a call out charge... they said that no my a/c was under a 90 day warranty a/c??? so no call out charge and offered me me 3 mths free movies. I asked to know if I would have to call to turn the movies off and he said no, just that I would have to ring if I wanted to keep them... how things have changed with sky.

This is a problem with the "buffer" time which is there to compensate if a programme is starting early or delayed slightly.
It happens sometimes when you record programmes one after another, so say there is a marathon of a programme on a saturday and there may be 2 episodes back to back. The machine is set to record (eg) 3 minutes before and 3 minutes after a programme is due to start and finish.
When the 2 recordings overlap (programme 1 is still recording 3 minutes after programme, and programme 2 has started recording 3 minutes before it starts) on the same channel this sometimes causes a glitch in the system, and tells you the episode is there, but it wont playback. You can only delete it unfortunately.

You can change these settings but I think I'd prefer not to risk possibly missing out on the end of an episode.

Back