sky+ box question.

bigjoe_dub

I have a sky + box. have it a good few years now. so long that the hard disk is not big enough to accomadate the sky anytime service. the box as it stands is working fine and i love sky + and would not be without it.

i rang sky to see if they would give me a newer sky + box that could take sky anytime. they of course tried to push my to sky HD which i do not want. (am already paying €80 odd a month) in the end they said they could but for a fee of €299. (a bit taken aback considering i am a loyal customer of many years standing)

anyway, my question. can i try and buy a cheaper sky+ box on ebay or in currys/dixons etc that could take sky anytime and just insert my sky viewing card and away i go all sorted or is it not that simple?

tia.

Yes I have a few boxes here and they were on different sky+ cards and all worked fine when I needed to change the box. Never had any issues. Prob best to get one from somewhere that you can see it working though just in case.

Why not ring up to cancel your service.You will be put through to customer retention who are ready to do a deal if you tell them you are cancelling.My brother who did this last week was offered a sky+ box for free.

Whats the capacity of these boxzes? Can't you upgrade the drive yourself. I seem to remember people opening the original boxes and putting in bigger drives.

Back