sky box problem

majee

We have just disconnected from sky and we were left with most of the free to air channels. Some of them like Channel 4 were not there. My brother in law tried to sort it by plugging out the sky box starting it again. This doesn't seem to have worked! We have the sky menu but when you select a channel we get a messege saying ' no satellite signal is being received'. We've followed the on screen instructions and it keeps coming back to this messege 'if problem persists please contact sky'. As we are no longer customers of sky we seem to be out of options.
I picked up RTE 1 and 2 on rabbits ears later but it's like being back in 1978 Ireland.
Any help appreciated,

majee

Your box still needs to be connected to the satellite dish to use it as an aerial. Take the card out and put it back in with the chip facing upward. You should then get the free to air channels

You may have to tune in Channel 4 separately rather than access it from the program guide if you're now free to air.

Same with the BBCs, ITV (which you may have already done) and Channel 5

You won't get RTÉ through the sky box if you're not subscribing.

Hi wednesday. I tried that too with the card turned up but no joy.
Looks like I have 3 separate things going on:

1. box seems to be frozen/in an error loop
2. Once it's unfrozen I need to tune some/all the channels
3. I need to get my saorview sorted.

I have BBC1-4, ITV 1-4 and BBC5 etc on the 'other channels' option on the sky remote before all this blew up.

majee

Hi wednesday. I tried that too with the card turned up but no joy.
Looks like I have 3 separate things going on:

1. box seems to be frozen/in an error loop
2. Once it's unfrozen I need to tune some/all the channels
3. I need to get my saorview sorted.

I have BBC1-4, ITV 1-4 and BBC5 etc on the 'other channels' option on the sky remote before all this blew up.

majee

Hi if I was you I'd have a look on here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55 you'll get loads of information and really knowledgeable and helpful lads on there

Back