Skoda Octavia scrappage deal - possible to negotiate the 3500 discount?

Protocol

I am considering buying a Skoda Octavia 1.6 TDi under the scrappage scheme.

The Classic model is:

19,760 ex-works (www.skoda.ie price)

plus 1240 for floor mats, mudflaps, metallic paint and delivery

= 21,000 OTR, according to the dealer

less 3500 discount = 17500 net price

The Ambiente model is:

21,515 ex-works (www.skoda.ie price)

plus 1285

= 22,800 OTR, according to the dealer

less 3500 discount = 19300 net price

TWO QUESTIONS:

I wonder is there any negotiation on these prices? Or does the 2250 extra discount mean no movement on prices??

Also, any opinions on the 1800 extra for the Ambiente spec??

Hi Protocol
Bought a 1.9tdi Classic in October last under scrappage scheme.Delighted with the car,got a far better deal than above.Shop around and bargain hard.P.M. me if you want the full details.
Kenbo

Hi Protocol
Bought a 1.9tdi Classic in October last under scrappage scheme.Delighted with the car,got a far better deal than above.Shop around and bargain hard.P.M. me if you want the full details.
Kenbo

I'd love to hear the details of your purchase of an Octavi, allways said i'd never buy a new car but with scrappage im tempted

UPDATE:

The Octavia Ambiente 1.6 TDi is now

21,715 ex-works
23,000 OTR

19,000 excl metallic paint, with 3,500 scrappage discount

I am now considering the Skoda Superb 1.6TDi, seems to be the same engine as the Octavia.

The Comfort spec / trim is:

25,115 ex-works
26,500 OTR (I think)

22,000 excl metallic paint, with 4,000 scrappage discount.

Any opinions on this deal?????

Would definetely go for the superb. A lot more of a car for the money. You could do better on price if you shop around though. I know of place doing met mats delivery for €900 and sometimes less. Good look with it.

Fine car and decent engine for emmisions, economy but certainly would be a bit underpowered for this size of a car.
The Superb is massive and a very heavy beast for a 1.6tdi.
If your ok with that aspect I think the price your getting is pretty good.

Skoda's

Just thought i'd mention that it might be worth looking at the resale value of Skoda's before you buy.

My father bought a new one in 2007 which currently has 30000km on it and recently went back to the main dealer with the idea of trading it against a new Octavia. He is friends with the dealer who advised him that he didn't want to upset him with a quote but did mention he had one with similar mileage, same year etc for sale for €7,500. He said to my dad if he still wanted to trade it he would give him the best deal he could but he was realisically looking at €12,500 to €13,000 depreciation on it.

In my minds eye I rather buy a 2 or 3 year old one that has already done the bulk of the depreciation.

Thanks for all the replies.

I ended up going to a dealer that I only heard of recently, Doran Motors outside Carrickmacross in south Co. Monaghan.

I decided against the Superb due to its size (issues of parking, gates, pillars, etc.)

It is a fine car, and great value at under 22k with scrappage.

I ordered an Octavia 1.6 TDi Ambiente for 19,100 with metallic paint.

Back