Skoda Octavia 1.6TDI DSG

glengar

Anyone know what the best straight Deal for one of these would be I have an offer of one for 23600 does this seem high

Thx

glengar

As usual that depends - Classic, Ambiente oe Elegance trim-level? (I suspect it is the Ambiente saloon and this is only €220 less than list price).

thx for reply its the Elegance and it lists for 26315 i think the ambiente lists for 24830

it seems fairly good???

We seem to have different prices. Mine is from here - [broken link removed] - the download box on the right of the page.

It says it exludes "delivery and related charges" which seem to add €800+ to the base prices. Is this correct?

We seem to have different prices. Mine is from here - [broken link removed] - the download box on the right of the page.

It says it exludes "delivery and related charges" which seem to add €800+ to the base prices. Is this correct?

I have the list prices from the dealer handout and its listed at 26315 but i see its 25300 on the skoda site maybe the 800 is metallic paint and delivery

what do you think of 26300 for the DSG 1.6 I think its a fairly good deal

thx

A quick extract from the above PDF focument -

(Saloon) 1.6 TDI CR/77 kW DSG/105bhp

• Classic = €22,205
  • Ambiente = €23,820
  • Elegance = €25,300
  • L&K = N/A
(Combi) 1.6 TDI CR/77 kW DSG/105bhp

• Classic = €23,285
  • Ambiente = €24,970
  • Elegance = €26,535
  • L&K = N/A

sorry should have read 23600

the price i am getting

the prices on the skoda website exclude delivery and metallic paint etc

the price i have listed at 26315 is otr so 23600 seems not bad????

the only way to find out properly is to get a quote from one dealer, drop into them and go throught the spec and options and get an on the road price there and then.

then go to other dealers and get an OTR price from them comparing like for like and then you will know the best deal.

dont go on the website prices etc
might take a few days to travel from dealer to dealer but it will be worth it in the end if you save 2k or thereabouts!

... the price i have listed at 26315 is otr so 23600 seems not bad????
So about a 10% discount, or to look at it another way, the Elegance plus metallic paint for the price of the lower spec car. That's a lot of car for that money, IMHO, but as kceire says, it should do no harm to shop around now you have a fairly good price.

Is the car in stock at the dealer's? If it is it's probably a cancelled sale that needs to be shifted.

the only way to find out properly is to get a quote from one dealer, drop into them and go throught the spec and options and get an on the road price there and then.

What exactly do you mean by an on the road price? The total price you pay for a new car incl all charges, delivery etc?

What exactly do you mean by an on the road price? The total price you pay for a new car incl all charges, delivery etc?
yep, how much it costs to get the car leaving the garage! every price you see advertised in papers and mags is normally excluding delivery and related charges.

In the UK On The Road price refers to the total price of a new vehicle including all costs required to legally drive the vehicle, excluding insurance. This will therefore include the purchase price, one year's road tax, a tank of fuel, and vehicle delivery / preparation. It excludes stuff like extended warranties. In Ireland OTR pricing is meaningless

Back