skipbags

D

darbyogill

I am looking to know what the situation is with these skipbags. I have recently filled a skipbag with junk I am throwing out and I placed the bag at the front of my house. The bag is owned by Panda waste and would have cost me €75 to have them collect it, but as I was standing at the bag an A1 waste truck pulled up and the driver offered to pick up the Panda waste bag for €50. So I then decided to call around and I got different prices to collect the Panda waste bag. Allied Waste were €65, Key waste were €60, C&D waste were €60, Skipbags.ie were €50, and so on. So I rang Panda waste and told them the other offers and they were not happy. They said that they and only they could pick up a Panda waste bag, so I rang Skipbags.ie and told them what Panda waste said and Skipbags.ie said that as the Bag was free, I could do what ever I liked with it, including having another operator pick my bag. So if this is true, technically you could get a Skipbag from one operator, and get another one to pick it up and get my self at least 25% discount.
Or am I going to get my self in trouble

If the bag was picked up free somewhere, then you have no contract with Panda, so you can probably do what you want, in my opinion.

If you paid for the bag you might have a contract, though I can't see what Panda can do anyway.

Peadar

Fascinating. These bags I presume are dumped along with the waste so it's not like you are stealing Panda's property.

Thats a good one!
Probably a sign of the economic times that they are scrambling for small bits of business.
Agreed with above post. Ive lots of these baga picked up for free, and you can do what you like with them, im certain.

Back