Skiing in Sierra Nevada,Spain

Kenbo

Hi everyone,
Anyone skied in the Sierra Nevada resort near Granada ? Treating the family to two days mini break in Sierra Nevada in January,we are first time skiers ( 2 adults,2 children,14 and 7) and want to have beginner lessons in English on both days.Any recommendations regarding ski schools in the area? Accommadation is sorted as is car hire,j we just need to source lessons.Any one got any tips or recommendations please?
Thanks
Kenbo

It's been a few years since I have been skiing in Sierra Nevada. Ensure you have snow tyres or grips on your car otherwise the police may not allow you access to the mountains beyond a specific point. Check the quality of the slopes before you set out.

Dont forget if you havent been to the Alhambra in Granada it is well worth while and you can book online before you go.

I cant give advice re ski schools.

Thanks for reply,we intend to have smow chains fitted on the way up to the slopes.
Kenbo

If you have the time, and they have the availability, I would strongly recommend a few lessons on the dry slopes at Kilternan before you go. You will get all the basics out of the way before you hit the real slopes and make your time there much more enjoyable. It's amazing how much time can be lost learning to put on boots, carry skis, use a ski lift, learning to stand/stop etc.... You won't get much beyond the very basics in two days, so try get some lessons in before you go: http://www.skiclub.ie/

Back