Site with Full Planning

aocon

I am enquiring has anyone looked at buying a Site with Full Planning permission on it but managed to change the drawings of the house to a similar house that you would prefer, without having to go through the planning process again.
We were turned down for planning before but have a set of drawings and I have now seen a site that has full planning in an area we are very interested in but I would prefer to change the drawing? Any done anything similar?

No you can't do this unless they are very very minor changes. You would have to reapply. Consult your engineer/architect.

Havent most counties abolished full planning permission where the applicant doesnt demonstrate a local planning need? I know you can still buy a site with full planning in mayo off someone who has already gone throught the application process, but in most other counties people are selling sites 'subject to planning!' Are there many counties where you can apply for planning and if successful sell the site to someone else?

aocon,

I am in a similar position to yourself. I have aquired a site with full planning permission from my brother but I want to stick a sunroom/conservatory on the side of it. I am not sure if I can just get my architect to alter the plans to accomadate my sunroom and proceed to build without going through the Co. Council? I will not be going over the allowed area for adding an extension without getting planning permission. I think It's 20 sq/m.

Ray

if ur extension is to the side of the house you will need planning permission. only exempt if to the rear of the house. along with other restrictions.

I also thinking of putting a bid in for a site with FPP, however i have my own plans and would be planning to re apply with these plans. As i want to build my own specific house. If i didn't get planning permission would the original planning permission still stand, i'd imagine it does.

Back