Site where you can Name, shame or claim from rogue tradesmen

Sierra

I'm not sure if it okay to post this. If not my apologies and it can be removed.

I found a site where us long suffering, relatively defenseless consumers can name, shame or claim from rogue tradesmen who may have taken advantage of our naievity.

It's a global forum and can be filtered by country though I ger the impression from the number if complaints that it is an American website.

http://www.canyoutrustthem.com/

My advice if you are employing a tradesman is get someone who's an expert and registered in their field. Get a proper written quote and guarantee & get a quote per job not my day otherwise they can really take the Mick. Getting nixers done can leave you open to exploitation, using someone that is registered gives you far more comeback and though more costly initially, will probably cost you less in the long run.

The problem always with these sites are the 'false griping' that sometimes go on between rival companies

The problem always with these sites are the 'false griping' that sometimes go on between rival companies
Parr for the course IMHO with any online reviewing sites. Yo jst have to use your judgement to separate the wheat from the chaff.

To refine complaints by country click on
Complaints League
at the top of the page. Further down the page users can filter by country and then display all the companies or either companies or individuals. Ireland has 26 companies listed below should any of you be interested.

http://www.canyoutrustthem.com/?go=complaints_league&leg=company

As my Mammy used to say, paper never refused ink. I'm sure that applies to any rating site as well.
Doesn't mean it's true though.

Personally I feel uncomfortable about this thread and link, bullying springs to mind.

Anyone else?

Personally I feel uncomfortable about this thread and link, bullying springs to mind.

Anyone else?

If you feel uncomfortable with any thread/post on AAM then please use the report post facility to bring it to the attention of the mods.

Anyone else?

Is it this thread or the site mentioned that make you uncomfortable?

How can a thread discussing another site, which may or may not be tantamount to bullying, (which I personally don't think it is) cause anyone to be uncomfortable?

BTW I am all up for discussing sites that allow/promote bullying, for far too long they have been allowed to go unhindered !!

BTW I am all up for discussing sites that allow/promote bullying, for far too long they have been allowed to go unhindered !!

+1

The more discussion on it the better imo. Not talking about these things is not helpful.

On the site in question, I find it very difficult to navigate. Public opinion sites are what they are, some of it is real, some of it is exaggerated, some of it is rubbish, some of it is malicious, some of it is fantasy. In this day and age if people dont know not to trust an anonymous source they read online then they shouldnt be using a computer imo.

Personally I feel uncomfortable about this thread and link, bullying springs to mind
Whom am I bullying. I did recognise from the onset that this thread might prove controversial and that I'd understand if Brendan or any of the other mods wanted to delete it but fair play to them they haven't yet anyway.

What's wrong with a web site that gives us consumers a voice, many of us have been voiceless victoms too long. It was I infact who was bullied by rogue tradesmen known to me who think they can get away with it because of the nature of how I employed them. I've given you advice on how not to fall into the same trap as me. Quoting per day and creating your own shortened hours just isn't good enough nor is substandard work. If that's not bullying I don't know what is.

Back