Site size in planning application diferent from plot being sold

Galwaygirl

I am currently trying to purchase a site. The initial site was 0.5acres and we negotiated to buy 0.6 acres. Site layout plans had to be redone and as all was progressing nicely we put in the planning application while awaiting the updated paperwork.
Now the vendor has decided that he is unable to sell 0.6 and wants to revert back to the original 0.5. (apparently to do with REPS scheme and having to keep overall site sales to 2acres, 4x0.5). Does anyone know what effect it will have further down the line if we get planning on which the plot size differs from eventual land purchase. I can't get straight answers from anyone on this and am hoping that someone will have come across something like this previously.

If the existing Application is on the entire 0.6 acres, then the 0.5 acres will require a new Planning Application.

Planning applications are required to deal with defined plot areas, you must submit the actual site location and area plan. The difference between the 0.5 and 0.6 acres may affect the area available for percolation of the foul treatment plant, the plot ratio for the area etc. I would strongly advise you to discuss your planning application with the local planning authority before you go any further. They are required to meet you in a 'pre-planning meeting' and you can raise the site specific issues on the basis that you are a potential legal purchaser of the site with a view to developing a one off house on it.
by mr june

Thank you for your replies, after a rather fraught week we may be back on track for the original agreement now. Our request for 0.6 was indeed related to percolation.

Back