Site in Midleton-road access

hogzy

hey all - i have found a site in midleton i would like to purchase. the only thing is the only access "road" to the site is quite literally a cow path just wide enough for my megane to pass down,nothing bigger need apply. my question is , if i purchase said site is it my responsibility to upgrade/ tar the road or is it down to the county council. if i were to offer to tar the road as far as my proposed dwelling , would it give any sway with the council re: planning permission. it is quite literally out the back end of nowhere.

any thoughts greatly appreciated as always

Re: site in midleton

Hey hoqzy,

Does the passage way lead into farm land if so it is probably belong to the landowner and not being maintainted by Cork COCO. If the site you are purchasing is belong to the landowner there will prob be issues with the rights of way and who owns them. You would want to insure that your solicitor looks into this. Also have you recieved a layout of the proposed site, the area you will be recieving will probably include half of this passage anyway! There may also be an issue with sightlines with regard to planning driving out from that entrance!

no i checked that out - the road is a coucil road ( that hasnt seen the back of a shovel in a hell of a llong time)

there is a farm house at the side of the road quite a ways down the boreen

And is this belong to the person selling the site to you? Your best bet is to probably mention it to your solicitor before signing any contracts just make sure that it is very clear in what it says about the right of way and who is responsable for it!

going through an EA at the moment - but at the first sign of silliness (i.e. bidding war) i'm out the gap - nothing is worth that rubbish.i believe that the farmhouse is belonging to the people who own the site, but the road is a cork coco job.

To be honest i have purcahsed a site recently not too far from Middleton with an issue similiar to that! Its currently with the solicitor about the right of way! But all is going well!

can i respectfully enquire how you got on with the good people at the planning office ?

any tips?

You can but it would be of no use to you as i am on the Waterford side of Youghal!!!! But if Cork coco are the same as below prepare for a bit of work!! I would highly recommend organising a pre-planning meeting when it comes to that stage! And also give a read through the relevant chapters in the county developement plan

yeah in the middle of trying to organise a pre planning meeting to make sure we qualify for planning and stuff before we even buy the site - i just hope it wont slip from our fingers while waiting for the meeting.

tis hard enough - and apparently this is the easy part !!!!

Ah i dunno about easy even that can get frustrating!!! When i had my pre planning i went in with drawings of the house and all that i wanted to build that was easy and they agreed with it in principal! The problem i have had is to highlight my need for housing they told me i was working in Cork City so why not build up there!!!

Back