Sisters Hen night - I want to make it special

Ciaraella, when is youe hen night? Can you report back to me? It sounds like she's have a right laugh there!

Hi Dmos,
my hen isn't until July but a few friends have been to the farm and loved it, a great ice breaker if there's a few people who don't know each other. I'm not a big drinker and really don't want the whole L plate, willy balloons thing so i loved the idea of the farm. They do accommodation packages with hotels in the area, we're paying 160 each for the farm, transport to and from the farm from the hotel, lunch, dinner, an area in the nightclub and b & b, as huskerdu said have a look at the website to see what you think

All in all anything I am pricing seems to be coming in at less than 150 per person - thats for flights, transport and accommodation.

If you don't yet know where you are going how can you price it at €150?
Word of warning on pricing flights for groups: What you can get priced for one person is not always the same pro rata'd out to 16. I know someone who organised a hen and quoted everyone a price for the flights based on putting one adult example into Aer Lingus' website. I think you can only book 4 at a time, by the time they got into the higher numbers the flight prices went up. This is because they only hold a certain amount of seats at the lower price - by the time around 10 were booked - the price went up. So I would phone the airline directly and get quoted the full group price.

I have to agree with nearly everyone else here on a nunber of things. I don't think you'll get the weekend away for €150. Not all 16 will be happy to go and take time off work. It will be a pain in the ass to arrange. Are you happy to use your Credit Card and have everyobe pay you back etc.

Oscaresque, I'm with you on the flights. As I cannot book anything yet (much too early, airlines not quoting that far in advance) I have to estimate it at this years flight rates.

All in all, albeit a lovely idea, we will probably have to settle for something closer to home and more cost effective. The Belfast idea is a great one and the farm sounds good but I'm not sure all will be into it. I'm finding it stressful to organize and its ages away! I will also have to cut it back to 1 night only. No point in people taking time off if we're staying within Ireland.

Thanks for all the comments :)

dmos a night in Belfast sounds like a lovely idea, you could all do some shopping too if you fancied it, plus trains from Cork and Dublin. One night away at a year's notice is more realistic and cost efficient for everyone. I'm sure you'll do a great job organising whatever you decide on.

Last time I looked, it was cheaper to fly between Cork and Belfast than to take the train - more because of high train prices than low flight prices! Worth checking.

Back