Sister thinking of swapping 12 Polo to Roomster 11

elainem

Hi! My sister is thinking about swapping her vw polo bought in Jan this year with a new Skoda Roomster or an 2011 Skoda Roomster.

She downsied from a Nissan Quashqui to a Polo as parking was an issue - her home fronts directly onto the street. However, she now drives around the country for her job quite a lot - she has done 29km in six months. She says she doesn't feel safe in a Polo and feels the kids would be safer in something higher. I like the Sokda Roomster and told her about it. She had a look at it and now wants to change from VW Polo toSkoda Roomster, It would cost her e6000 to change to a new Skoda Roomster, and 1000 to change to a 20111 Skoda Roomster with e15000 km on the clock. Can anyone advise what would be the best to do - new Skoda Roomster or 2011 Roomster with 15,000 km.

Thans.

Has she priced various skoda dealers for the brand new one as they can vary (include extras)? I am also aware of local dealer who will order in a brand new car and they apparently are/can be cheaper.

Can she justify €5k extra just to have a brand new skoda over a 2011 even if 15k on clock. My husband bought a brand new car good few years back and never again as lost too much money on it.

Where is she getting a dealer willing to exchange for 1K (esp as such high mileage on her own)? Iv changed my car every year for years now and lowest Iv changed for is 2.5K.

Roomster is more for urban driving than country driving. The 1.2 is seriously underpowered to overtake safely on country roads.

Back