Sinn Féin's tax proposals

It's going to be interesting to see what happens SF when Gerry Adams goes. I know the general assumption down here is that Mary Lou will take over but I know supporters up North who have no time for her, especially as she had no part in "the struggle". I look forward to that fine decent Irish Republican tradition of the split.

I've little time for them to be honest and I do wish once and for all they'd be honest and admit to what they did over the years but it'll never happen. However to get back to the matter in hand, namely their budget proposals, there is actually some logic in a lot of what they are proposing and some of it is likely to be included or alluded to in the budget next week (sugar tax?).

do wish once and for all they'd be honest and admit to what they did over the years but it'll never happen.

Just to note. This is not intended for debate, but there are around a dozen or so deaths that are left in dispute as to who was responsible, with the finger firmly being pointed at IRA (or IRA members acting without sanction for such killings).
By and large, they generally admitted responsibility for their actions.
And in 2002, they apologised

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/events/peace/docs/ira160702.htm

And in fairness to SF I think it was last year when O Snodaigh? produced a letter from Garda Commissioner stating that there was no criminal link to SF (or words to that effect).
Can you post a link please?
I haven't a bad word to say about anyone in the Shinners; I'm rather attached of my kneecaps.

Big Short,

Ah no , they didn,t admit quite a few times , eg young fella beaten to death since New Ire agreement,in Monaghan comes to mind, Jean Mc Conville from years back to mind .
That said lets move on , because Purple needs his kneecaps.!

The fact is that the SF proposals are not off the wall, they are a genuine alternative. Of course, if they ever got their way down here, its back to my roots in Norn Iron for me, where SF has conceded these big picture tax things to the Tories in Westminster, but wait, what if that looney tune JC comes to power over there:eek:

For the time being we can thank our lucky stars that SF are still broadly seen as toxic down here, but when the old guard moves on and a split with the IRA Belfast wing becomes inevitable they could pose a formidable extreme left electoral force.

Two different things; you are referring to the murders pre-ceasefire that they haven't owned up to. I am referring to the murders they have carried out since the ceasefire.

Two different things; you are referring to the murders pre-ceasefire that they haven't owned up to. I am referring to the murders they have carried out since the ceasefire.

No I am referring to all deaths post and pre ceasefire.
The IRA apology in 2002 only refers pre 2002 obviously.
I was only pointing out that they did admit to lots of things and also apologised for lots. I never said they took responsibility for everything or admitted to everything. Im not trying to defend them, im just pointing out some facts.

Back