Maryplanning
New Member
- Messages
- 3
Good evening
I would appreciate some help in trying to work out how much I would be allowed as a tax free lump sum on retirement.
I am a member of the single pension scheme, and will have 15 years of service at 66 years of age at retirement. I have 6 years left to work, I opened an AVC about 4 years ago with corn market cautious fund, and put a small amount in each month.
There seems to be so many rules about length of service and lumps sums allowed tax free. I have read through some posts, and tried some of the calculations, but am confusing myself now.
I am not sure how to work out the tax free lump sum I can have at retirement, and would like to increase the amount going into the AVC, finding out the max tax free lump sum would be very useful. My final salary will be between 67000-70000 and I am a single female as this information seems to be needed for the computation from my understanding. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
I would appreciate some help in trying to work out how much I would be allowed as a tax free lump sum on retirement.
I am a member of the single pension scheme, and will have 15 years of service at 66 years of age at retirement. I have 6 years left to work, I opened an AVC about 4 years ago with corn market cautious fund, and put a small amount in each month.
There seems to be so many rules about length of service and lumps sums allowed tax free. I have read through some posts, and tried some of the calculations, but am confusing myself now.
I am not sure how to work out the tax free lump sum I can have at retirement, and would like to increase the amount going into the AVC, finding out the max tax free lump sum would be very useful. My final salary will be between 67000-70000 and I am a single female as this information seems to be needed for the computation from my understanding. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
