single mum expecting second child...

I totally agree.

It still does not make posts regarding family planning relevant to this thread.

If people have moralistic views then thats fine, go open a thread on LOS and post away about how information on family planning might or might not be useful to prevent pregnancies. But on THIS thread the posts came across as condescending, irrelevant and judgemental.

It still does not make posts regarding family planning relevant to this thread.

If people have moralistic views then thats fine, go open a thread on LOS and post away about how information on family planning might or might not be useful to prevent pregnancies. But on THIS thread the posts came across as condescending, irrelevant and judgemental.

Couldn't agree more and I will also say that posts like this can be potentially harmful. Someone writes in distraught and feeling hopeless, they haven't committed a crime , they've made a serious mistake. Now if we as forum members cannot be helpful , kind and supportive , think before we type and also try to empathise with the person's problems, then we should at least stay quiet. That way , we will do no harm. And yes , you can do harm to people from careless comments when they are in distress.

Mummy, you should see SW before your baby is born.... Ask for some assistance with hospital costs for the birth. There is a once off payment available for this purpose. Please visit your local health centre (where you go for your first child's healthcare check ups) please discuss who can help you look after your first child while you are confined to hospital giving birth to the second child. Please do contact Cura or indeed other unplanned pregnancy advice service and discuss all your options available to you. Take care.

hi,everyone,sorry that i not replayed i just got back home from Lithuania was few weeks on Christmas holidays.
thankyou for replays to all..
today i got a letter from social welfare that next week i have to visit OPF inspector they wants to review my One Parent Family payments..now i have no choise -just to say about my situation,i feels not too good,because i herd that they trying to reduce single mums because of that economy crisis..:(( may anyone herd about that too?thanks ,mummy.

There has been talk about changing ther conditions for receipt of OFP but nothing has been decided yet. What they are exploring is the possibility that lone parents will have to be looking for employment/training when their child reaches a certain age (6 years and 12 years have been mentioned).

Back