Single/Divorcee status

Angela93

When going bankrupt i see you must fill out a form for the OA which details your personal information.

There is one section I have a few questions about and would be very grateful if anyone could help clarify it for me please.

The section asks for your Marital Status and to tick the appropriate box
□ Single □ Married □ Divorced □ Co-habiting □ Separated □ Widowed □ A civil partner ...... etc etc.....

Then it also asks if you've been divorced in the last 5 years

"Are you, or in the last 5 years have you been, involved in proceedings for divorce, separation or the dissolution of a civil partnership : Yes □ No "
If Separated/divorced you must attach copies to the Office of your Separation Agreement and Divorce.

I divorced over 9 years ago and classify myself as single, So i presume i should tick the single box ? and this section only applies to people recently divorced ?

Many thanks
Angel

If you have been married and got divorced then you are not 'single', at least for legal purposes. You can think of yourself as single if you want but 'divorced' is your legal status.

You should tick Divorced, as the OA would be interested in maintenance payments, Pension Adjustment Orders etc

Jim Stafford

Back