Laya Simply Connect, still good value? What best for kids?

Monbretia

Hi, Renewal time again, have Simply Connect and quite happy with the cover really, Laya tell me there isn't anything better with them for same money, want to keep full orthopaedic cover so probably sticking with Laya and this policy is best plan?

Re children, last year went with VHI special offer, what is best this year? Would it be as well to add them to the Simply Connect plan €275 each? Would particularly like the €1 excess on outpatients stuff for one of the kids as there will be expenses coming down the road this year. Anything else I should consider instead?

Thank you

Well today is D day, must make a decision, think I will put one child on the Simply Connect to avail of the €1 excess and stick with VHI for the 1 yr old if no one has any other thoughts :)

Monbretia,

Simply Connect is a good option for the child with expenses in the coming year.
There are a couple of alternative options with Laya, worth considering if you know what amount of expenses are likely to occur.
Note; Laya healthcare allow you to switch plans during the year so you can switch at a later stage if you want. Sorry for the delay in replying.

1. Laya Control 150 Create; price 331pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 150 per private admission or day case
procedure. Day to day cover included, refund of 80 per consultant visit, 30 per gp visit etc.

2. Laya Control 150 Secure; price 341pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 150 per private admission or day case
procedure. Day to day cover included, refund of 100 per consultant visit, 40 per gp visit etc.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks a mil for reply, don't worry about delay, I appreciate any answer. I have renewed with the younger child and adult on Simply Connect, the older child is with VHI until end of Nov so will switch him then back to Laya, he is the one who may have the costs so definitely worth looking at both those plans. He is still under 6 so the GP is free but the bigger consultant refund could be worth it.

Thanks again for advice :)

Back