Silverpoint holiday promotion

trevork

I filled out a silverpoint promotional holiday form at check in queue on my return home from holiday in tenerife in early January.
I received a phone call from Silverpoint promotion holidays during the week offering me and my partner a weeks holiday at one of their resorts in los Cristianos in Tenerife for €34. I was at work so asked him to call back at the weekend. In the meantime I researched it on the website, and found that you are obliged to attend a half day presentation on the resort and facilities where you are subjected to a hard sell approach where they try to get you to purchase time shares in apartments at their resorts.

I resolved that I would say no. However, they did not take no for an answer and told me that I would not have to attend a presentation and they no longer sell timeshares but I would have to take a tour to see the facilities at the resort so that we could make the most of our holiday. They only want us to have a good time and then to return home and recommend the resort to families and friends. I ended up giving them my credit card number and paying the €34. On payment I received an email confirming my provisional booking, and that I would be obliged to attend a presentation for a morning or afternoon to hear about the facilities on offer and the excursions we could enjoy.

I now regret it, and am planning on replying to them to say we will not be going. I was afraid that because I may be considered to have breached their terms and conditions, they may attempt to charge the full weeks cost against my card, so i cancelled the card.

I am wondering if anyone has had experience with a Silverpoint promotional holiday and how it went for them.
I do not intend to travel to them, but it is a very cheap holiday if you can resist their sales pitch.
thanks

I have had no dealings with Silverpoint, however, I have experienced the hard-sell. About 15 years ago I took up an offer to go to Spain and just see what was available and every trick in the book was used to try and get me attend one of the sales seminars.

I did not attend even one and got the 'rub-off' as a result. My advice:- Dont Go.

I also availed of a free week some years ago in Costa del Sol on the condition that I attended a sales meeting for a morning, which I did. However it was a very hard sell for timeshares, which i managed not to get taken in by, so I did end up with a free week. Advice would be if you think you are the type of person that will be taken in by the sales pitch then don't go, but if you think you can attend and leave it, then run with your free week !!! It will be a very professional sales team of people that you will meet !!

Back