Signing transfer of equity form

Discussion in 'Issues arising from joint mortgages' started by Muddle2018, 11 Dec 2018.

  1. Muddle2018

    Muddle2018 Registered User

    Have been through the SFS and bank have agreed to go through the transfer application to get my non engaging ex off mortgage. He has agreed to this transfer thankfully.

    Just wondering, do I need to get my solicitor involved or can I just sign and send off and hope for the best or are there legal factors? For background we are divorced and judge granted me the house with the exclusion to him for life a few years back, only stipulation was to get his name off mortgage.