Signing for credits - lost!

fsc

Hi there,

I have been signing on for credits since approx 2009. I do not receive any payments however continued to sign on yearly (via post) 'for stamps'. I recently went for eye test and told I do not qualify for free test so when I contacted SW they informed me that they have no records relating to me since Nov 2012!!
I am to go to SW offices next week to try & reopen claim, my question is, is it best to try & reopen a claim for jobseeker benefit (stamps only) or should I request the lost years be written off under homemakers credit scheme? I know you need to be looking for work to claim jobseekers benefit which I have done albeit very casually & have no way of proving :-( but I am unsure if you are able to claim treatment benefit etc if signing on for homemakers scheme.
Also, was hoping to do a course next year with the aim of upskilling to return to work force, however this break in my record now prohibts me I think? Can you apply for courses (e.g with Solas etc) if claiming homemakers credit, I cannot find info on this.
Any advice welcome

Back