signed credit card agreement

Tinmouse

I have an AIB Credit card Dept. Over the years (2000 - 2005) the Bank had upped my limit automatically until I stopped using the card around 2008. I've stopped paying about two years ago due to my circumstances. From time to time I get the odd threatening letter from someone other than the bank. I tried to get in touch with AIB directly by letter but received no repose.

I asked the bank last year, to give me my signed credit card agreement but I've gotten no repose. I even send the request by registered mail several times, but still no repose.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? Is there a Dept company you can advise to help me sort this dept out?

The terms and conditions you signed up to would allow them to periodically increase your limit. You could have asked them not to do this, and your limit would have stayed at the limit you requested. Unless you wrote to them at some stage stating that your limit should not be increased, the value of the limit you were initially given is irrelevant.

Back