Shower water pressure problem

V

VPS

Hello

Water pressure in en-suite shower is unstable (drops every 1 min or so) i.e. hot water in shower flows ok for 1 min then it stops for 10 sec, then it flows for may be 40 sec, stops for 20 sec etc.
This problem exists since we’ve moved in 1.5 years ago, but it seems to worsen in recent 6 month.

shower in main bathroom works ok, only en-suite shower has this issue.

Boiler (Glow-warm) and pumps are 1.5 years old, heating is closed circuit system. Apartment is in Tullyvale, Dublin 18, 1st floor.

Thanks

Hi VPS,

Is the en-suite shower an electric shower? If there is a high lime content in the water you may need to clean out the shower head, sometimes lime buildup blocks the flow causing the shower to overheat and hence cut-off.

ALERT.

Hi Alert

Thanks for your replay.

Shower is not electric. Water is heated by gas boiler and pumped to shower. I’m not sure what is the proper name of this system as there was no manual for pumps.

Regards

Hi ,
Is it an external pump for shower or built into shower unit? many pumps are fitted with a flow switch, these are magnatic strips that move when an outlet is turned on and activate the pump. sounds like this could be the problem. does the pump just do that shower or something else?

Hi

Its external pump for shower, located in hotpress.
I have no manual so not sure about details of the pump. It is only 18 month old.

It switches on ok, but water flow is pulsing.

Thanks

Hi VPS,

Is it only the hot water that's connected to the pump? If it is then it's coming from the hot water tank in your hotpress? Is this tank pressurised?

ALERT.

Disconnec the head & hose ... Turn on shower ...
If the pump is still starting and stopping than there
may be dirt build up in the mixer ...
If its pumping OK then give the head a good clean out ...

Just as a matter of interest, what is typical pressure for this type of system?. I have asystem with a pump that is at ~3 bar and water proessure is very powerfull. A think it might be too high as the batch mixer has leaked over the w/e.

Alert
Hot water comes from the tank in my hotpress into pump, from pump into shower.
It seems nothing else is connected to the pump, only hot water.
Not sure if tank is pressurized or not, there was no manual of any kind.

Salem
Thanks for advise, will try it tonight.

Big
[FONT=&quot]Will check pressure tonight.

Thanks

[/FONT]

Back