Shower tray blocked

U

Unregistered

The water from our shower builds up in the tray and seeps out extremely slowly,allowing us only about 3 minutes in the shower !. Is there a good product out there that I can pour down the drain to clear the obvious blockage.

Mr Muscle drain unblocker is great(it's an orange colour bottle), its like a gel but pur it down and it'll do the trick - you'll get it in the supermarket along by the household cleaning products..

I have just used domestos in the past the thickest stuff they have, just pour it in directly to the outlet and leave it there for a few hours before using the shower again, always did the trick for me

Try a plunger before you pour anything down the drain. It's probably just hair blocking the outlet. Let the tray fill up a bit then plunge once or twice. You'll get a plunger for a couple of euro at your local hardware shop.

HTML:
a couple of euro...?
extopia, I don't know when you last bought one, but you'll be lucky to get it for less than 10 yoyos in 'post-celtic-tiger' hardware shops...!

However, used properly, it's still far better than pouring e10 bottles of gunk down the plughole... (and you'd be amazed what floats to the surface! :eek: ) Human hair is incredibly resistant to bleach and other chemical dissolvants - just ask all those manufacturers of 'hair care' products...:rolleyes:

Ours is the same - about 10 yards of matted hair comes up. We use a curtain wire with hook, just swirl it around like you are fishing and you net a wad of manky hair....

Pour some Caustic Soda down there for stubborn blockages with some hot water anything down there like hair ect will be eaten away make sure to wear protection on any exposed skin as this stuff will really burn if it gets on your hands ect but it is very effective at unblocking and cleaning drains/pipes.

Good Luck ;)

I must have gotten my plunger in a sale! It's an essential weapon in any homeowner's arsenal nevertheless, great for toilets too...

I prefer to avoid chemical solutions whenever possible.

Back