Shower Recommendation

CPAMG

I'm in the process of buying a new electric shower for my apartment.

As its an apartment, I'm looking for something reasonably quiet yet fairly powerful.

I've been thinking about the Mira Sport 10.8 Kw Electric Shower as it seems to be about the most powerful electric shower I can find.

However, I can't find and reviews or reports on it performance except for a power rating of 7 from B&Q.

I'd apprecitate if anyone who has one could give a short review of it,or alternatively, other suggestions (recommendations!).

We have one and it is fine. A bit noisy but then I think most electric showers are.
It is powerful enough.
The only problem I find with mine is if you want to use it twice in quick sucession you have to wait about a minute for the water to heat up second time around.

CPAMG said:
I'm in the process of buying a new electric shower for my apartment.

As its an apartment, I'm looking for something reasonably quiet yet fairly powerful.

I've been thinking about the Mira Sport 10.8 Kw Electric Shower as it seems to be about the most powerful electric shower I can find.

However, I can't find and reviews or reports on it performance except for a power rating of 7 from B&Q.

I'd apprecitate if anyone who has one could give a short review of it,or alternatively, other suggestions (recommendations!).

I hate the bloody things... I think a much better job to get a pump put onto your shower feed and use the immersion.

"I hate the bloody things... I think a much better job to get a pump put onto your shower feed and use the immersion"

Totally disagree. Best purchase in the house. They all appear to be noisy but worth their weight in gold. Waiting for the immersion to heat up is a pain. Ours is a Triton but quite old at this stage.

sueellen said:
"I hate the bloody things... I think a much better job to get a pump put onto your shower feed and use the immersion"

Totally disagree. Best purchase in the house. They all appear to be noisy but worth their weight in gold. Waiting for the immersion to heat up is a pain. Ours is a Triton but quite old at this stage.

well I guess different folks different strokes

A couple of years ago, I did some detailed research into electric showers, including referring to a edition of "Which?" magazine, which had done technical testing on a range of products.
the conclusion of all this was that the most powerful flow rate was from the "Mira Event". This is a mixer shower, i.e. it does not heat the water, but takes hot water from your supply, mixes with cold, and pumps out. It's a great shower, and has never given any trouble.
perhaps the technology has moved on since then but this information may be helpful.

Slash said:
A couple of years ago, I did some detailed research into electric showers, including referring to a edition of "Which?" magazine, which had done technical testing on a range of products.
the conclusion of all this was that the most powerful flow rate was from the "Mira Event". This is a mixer shower, i.e. it does not heat the water, but takes hot water from your supply, mixes with cold, and pumps out. It's a great shower, and has never given any trouble.
perhaps the technology has moved on since then but this information may be helpful.

I actually took up the free months subscription with "Which" to see if they had any further info on this. I couldn't find anything though, but as you mentioned above it was a few years ago which might explain it.

From the B&Q website I see that the Mira Event has a power rating of 12 which is a good bit higher than Mira Sports rating of 7. However, I wanted to go with an electric shower as it seemed the best in terms of energy consumption and water conservation. However, I now see it may be possible to have a pumped electric shower which is something I'll have to look into.

a Event is a brilliant shower - thought its a power shower to be honest - didn't know its classified as a 'mixer shower'. I was under the impression that the 'mixer showers' are nothing but just a valve, and the shower head.

Mira Event has a motor in it (bit like an electric shower) but as slash said draws the hot water from the boiler and mixes it with cold water from the tank - a bit noisy but great shower - I love it!

well have you fitted the mira shower which one did you go with in the end i need to buy an electrical shower and would love a power shower but i do not want the hassel of having to wait for the emmersion to heat up so i would loke a powerfull electrical shower any recommendations welcome

The only one i've ever used is the Trition T90 and its great, its in my parents and my sisters. my uncle is a plumber and only installs Triton, he says they are the ones to give least trouble.

Back