Should I wait BOI to reduce the interest rate or go fixed

athene_niu

Currently seems only BOI has the highest interest rate , I'm thinking should I wait longer to expect rate dropping or should I go 2 years fixed 3.8% with boi.

I have a mortgage 380K , currently it's on variable 4.3% ,monthly payment is 1880

Any good suggestions :)

BoI reduced my variable rate from 4.25 to 4 when I said I was moving to Kbc.In view of the current debate on SVR I would wait for a few weeks to see the outcome before fixing.There is major pressure for variable rates to be reduced.
If you are in the Dublin area go to the SVR mortgage campaign meeting in Ballsbridge hotel this evening at 7.30

BoI reduced my variable rate from 4.25 to 4 when I said I was moving to Kbc.In view of the current debate on SVR I would wait for a few weeks to see the outcome before fixing.There is major pressure for variable rates to be reduced.
If you are in the Dublin area go to the SVR mortgage campaign meeting in Ballsbridge hotel this evening at 7.30
Thanks Clonback for the information, I can't make it tonight. But you're going to attend, could you let me know if there is any news :)
thanks

Back