should I switch to ptsb or aib?

Bolter

Hi
I have talked to both aib and ptsb. Both have indicated that I would likely be approved for their switcher mortgages. I can get a family member (solicitor) to deal with legal.
The ptsb offer is therefore attractive (1000 towards legal fees) and that 3.2 per cent introductory rate.
Does anyone know is there any claw back penalty if I were to switch again. Say in a year. Ptsb guy today didn't know? thanks

ptsb's record of milking their captured variable rate customers is appalling. Personally I'll be taking the first opportunity to get out from under their clutches.

Sorry I don't know if there is a claw back with their offer.

Thanks guys. I agree that they haven't treated their customers well but aren't they all the same? I actually think now ptsb are state owned they will be forced to behave a bit better for the time being at least.

I'm not sure. Being State owned they can't be too much of an outlier anymore I suppose. I think it's right to look at their behaviour in the past though to see how they might treat their customers in the future. AIB didn't inflict a rate of over 5.5% in recent years... Also ptsb are still loss making.

Ultimately if you have the option of switching you're in a good position to move on and take advantage of the best rates wherever they are.

I'm sorry but this site is called the fair mortgage campaign , I'm sorry about the issues u have and I hope u get solutions to you're issues. We all need to be coming up with solutions to the overall issue of supplying us all with fair mortgage rates. Any of ye that can supply solutions go ahead instead of talking about individual issues. In case any of ye ask what have I proposed I have suggested a much more public campaign and the sooner the better because we're getting nowhere

Back