Should I stay at home

D

dolly101

Hi All

I hope someone can advise me. I recently had my second child this summer and am wondering about returning to work. I worked out on my previous wages less childcare that I would only be better off by about 90 euro a week. Now I need to work out what we would be entitled to if I stayed at home. My husband earns about 36k a year, does our tax change if I stay at home? Is there anything else I could avail of?

I am not looking to milk the system but I dont want to make an uninformed choice and regret it afterwards?

Thanks in advance

D

Working for 90 euro a week doesn't seem worth it.
Staying at home and seeing your children growing and learning and knowing that they are being well cared for is worth losing the 90 euro in my opinion.
I'm not being sexist - I am a father and I stay at home wih our 3 yr old.
You will soon find ways of not spending that 90 euro (it's only 13 euro a day) so you won't miss it.
Don't forget the extra 1000 euro per child for childcare expenses - that should help a bit.

Good Luck whatever you decide to do.

well if you gave up and minded another child you would make up the €90 and have the balance over, and you would have company for our little ones too.

Back