Should I buy an antivirus or are free ones just as good?

We should not be working out the consequences of porential criminal activity on this forum.....if was to buy a bag of coke and share it with my friends......

Pay for what you use if a fee is applicable.

i use eset nod 32 and find it excellent and its not resource hunger like some of the av's out there

sorry to bring this back up again...but which do people feel is better. I currently have norton which is due for renewal this week. Should I go and pay E70 for new service pack or should I try AVG or avast at no charge.

I have had no trouble with norton so I'm not too sure what to do ??

Another vote here for AVG Free.

It comes highly recommended by many websites/magazines etc.

sorry to bring this back up again...but which do people feel is better. I currently have norton which is due for renewal this week. Should I go and pay E70 for new service pack or should I try AVG or avast at no charge.

I have had no trouble with norton so I'm not too sure what to do ??

Did you read any of my posts on this thread? The best thing to do depends on your situation and computer usage and abilities.

I read the postings. I was getting more confused the more I read.
I was just looking for a definitve answer
I decided on AVG and have been using it for a few days now and I have to say it's working well.
Cheers

In my Personal Experience the company I work for have a fully paid for AV which in my opinion does not work properly whether this is incorrectly configured I don't know, What I do know is that a machine I worked at had a virus which filled the desktop with shortcuts. The resident AntiVirus did not pick up on this. I installed a free AV which found 123 infections and was able to remove most of them. As with Dearg doom Google, review and choose your weapon of choice.

i have used avast for 2 yrs hasnt let me down.i do a pc scan every 2 weeks.used avg before that and found it pretty bad.

Back