Should first service be done by main dealer?

Kiddo

The first service on my 05 car is due soon. I normally get a mechanic friend of my dads to service my cars (never bought new before). Do I need to bring it to main dealer for the service while its still under warrenty? Will getting dads friend to service it invalidate the warrenty?

also, unless you plan to keep the car for a while, not having a main dealer service history could impact the resale value.

tiger said:
also, unless you plan to keep the car for a while, not having a main dealer service history could impact the resale value.

thats just a myth....according to a guy I worked with who worked as a car salesman in a previous life

I thinks its in Toyota handbook that the warranty for 3 years is good as long as you bring the car to a toyota garage. Sure the other makers have same conditions, so I too would say yes and yes. First service is usually a relatively cheapie anyway. Oil change, wiper change, change wheels around, pretty basic stuff.

I'd go to a main dealer until your warranty expires just to be sure, to be sure. However, under Block Exemption rules it shoudn't matter.

My Ford has 80k now. Always went to a main dealer (& was ripped off) until my last service. I've found a local mechanic now (in Swords) who is half the price and is absolutely excellent. He has manged to fix problems I've had from day one which no Ford dealer could resolve - Say no more!

Back