short term parking at Dublin airport

Broadcaster

I'm looking at parking my car at Dublin airport to catch a 6.30am flight and have my brother pick up the car later that day. If I book online and send the code to his phone, will that work for him exiting the car park. Obviously, I'll have to let him know the exact spot that I park the car but it there anything else I need to know?
I don't wish to leave the car at the airport as I will be picked up on my return. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm assuming you are using 'QuickPark' and not any of the DAA car parks as they don't use any codes AFAIK they read the reg. plate.

If I'm correct then the answer is yes, the QR code will allow him to exit.

Thanks Sparkrite for your reply.
Was going to use Quickpark premium service but they do not appear to be operating that at the moment due to COVID. Also impossible to book online for any dates during August. Perhaps there is a problem with the site.
it also looks like you can only book for three days minimum while at the DAA you can get a day rate!!
thanks again.

As above it reads the registration both for entry and exit.

They sometimes ask for the payment card to be inserted. I was told that this happens if the leaving time differs greatly from the estimated leaving time you entered. (Security feature)

Thanks Sparkrite for your reply.
Was going to use Quickpark premium service but they do not appear to be operating that at the moment due to COVID. Also impossible to book online for any dates during August. Perhaps there is a problem with the site.
it also looks like you can only book for three days minimum while at the DAA you can get a day rate!!
thanks again.
AFAIK the company that ran Quickpark has gone into liquidation over a dsipute over rent arrears to its landlord.

Back