short term letting of apartment

irishabroad2

Hi

My apartment is currently vacant (as of yesterday). It's in a rent pressure zone and substantially restricted to below market rates

Firstly, can I rent for 3 months on airbnb or is that only if the apartment is my primary residence (it isn't)

Secondly, can I rent it out as a max 3 month corporate let and if so can i charge whatever rent the market will bear?

Thanks

Legally, a planning application would be required to change the use from residential to short term letting. Others have fallen foul of this in the courts, others get away with it. The management company may also have issues with short term lets, so check the terms of your lease.

Previous thread here.

Thanks for response leo. The thread you showed is all about airbnb. Does the same logic apply to short term leases of 3 months or so? If one were to risk running foul of the planning laws, with a short term 3 month lease is one at least free from rent pressure zone rules?

Thanks for response leo. The thread you showed is all about airbnb. Does the same logic apply to short term leases of 3 months or so? If one were to risk running foul of the planning laws, with a short term 3 month lease is one at least free from rent pressure zone rules?

There is no official opt out from the RPZ rules for such a scenario as the legislation around that doesn't account for ignoring planning law. Many others have done it though, some have been caught.

Back